The Timiskaming Health Unit offers group cessation counselling with the option of nicotine replacement therapy.
Group sessions are designed to assist individuals with becoming a non-smoker. They counsel clients at each stage of the quitting process – from the thinking about quitting but not yet ready, through the actual quitting process, to the maintenance stage for those who wish to remain a non-smoker.
Group sessions help smokers who want to quit by:
- Understanding and determining individual reasons for smoking
- Providing successful guidelines for becoming a non-smoker
- Increasing awareness of what to expect when quitting
- Providing valuable tips for dealing with cravings by supporting behavioural changes
Components of services offered in group sessions:
- Experienced counsellors trained in cessation services
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Carbon monoxide monitoring
- Referral to Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Self-help resources
- Telephone support
If you would like to quit smoking and would be interested in attending group sessions, contact the Timiskaming Health Unit.
If you missed out but want to attend any future workshops, give us a call.