All children and youth in need of dental care in the province of Ontario can get access to FREE dental services through the Healthy Smiles Ontario program (HSO).
Who is eligible?
- Children and youth 17 years and under
- Residents of Ontario
- Members of a household that meets the eligibility requirements.
Click here for eligibility details. If your family net income is higher than the table amount shown you may still qualify. Please contact us to see how we can help.
What is covered under HSO?
- Most restorative and preventive services are covered and offered at participating dentists in our area. Cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening and braces, are not covered by the program.
- Preventive services are also provided in-house by Timiskaming Health Unit’s registered dental hygienists at the New Liskeard, Kirkland Lake and Englehart offices. Services include cleanings, complete oral exams, fluoride varnish application, pit and fissure sealants and oral health instruction and education.
How to enroll?
Please note: Some children will automatically be enrolled in HSO and don’t need to apply if:
- They receive temporary care assistance
- They receive Assistance of Children with Severe Disabilities
- They or the family receives Ontario Disability Support
- They or the family receives Ontario Works, unless living in a First Nations Community
Regular dental visits are needed to maintain oral health and prevent issues before they start.
Contact us to found out how we can help!
New Liskeard Dental Team
705-647-4305 (1-866-747-4305), Ext. 2280
Kirkland Lake/Englehart Dental Team
705-567-9355 (1-866-967-9355), Ext. 3229