Check out these great videos to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Booking your appointment online:
You can book your vaccine appointment through the provincial online booking portal if you:
- have a green Ontario photo health card (OHIP) (expired cards will be accepted)
- have an email address or cell phone number
- have a modern web browser such as Chrome or Firefox (the booking site is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11 or earlier versions)
- Booking online: covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/
Booking your appointment by phone:
Call the Timiskaming Health Unit if you:
- Do not have access to the internet or a computer or have not been able to complete your booking online due to technical difficulties
- Have a red and white health card
- Do not have an Ontario health card
Call 866-747-4305, Ext. 6
Monday to Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Saturday and Sunday - 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The vaccine is free. You will not be asked for your Social Insurance number or credit card number over the phone.
If you received a vaccination booking invitation:
Upon receiving your use the following tips to complete your booking, please note the following information to help you complete your online booking:
- Booking invitation email sometimes ends up going to junk mail so please check it if you haven’t received one.
- Booking invitation email invite looks like image below.
- Personal invitation codes, event ID and health card number are what is required for eligible people to complete their online booking including selecting location, dates/times for appointments.
- TIP: only use the 10 digit code on your health card number - no letters
- Booking is complete when you have scheduled their first and second doses and made it to the screen that says "your appointment has been successfully booked" with a confirmation number.
- Need a modern web browser such as Chrome or Firefox (the booking site is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11 or earlier versions)
Manage Your Appointment(s)
To Reschedule or Cancel your existing appointment(s) you will need to enter the Email Address or Mobile Phone Number used at the time of booking and the Booking Confirmation Code you received after successfully booking your appointments. Visit: https://vaccine.covaxonbooking.ca/manage
What you need to know about your COVID-19 vaccine appointment (Ontario Ministry of Health)
Please see the direct link to download a digital copy of your Vaccination receipt: https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
You will need to log on using your Health Card (as per below screenshot), then you will be offered the following services:
- Vaccine appointment booking – book a vaccination appointment.
- Vaccine receipts – Print a vaccination receipt of the dose administered.
Who is eligible for first dose: All individuals 12 years of age and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Who is eligible for second dose: Anyone 70+ or who had their first dose on or before April 18.
As of Monday, June 21, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., all Ontarians who received their first dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine on or before May 9, 2021 will be eligible to book or rebook their second dose appointment at a shortened interval.
Under the advisement of NACI and the Ontario Government, mixing mRNA vaccines is safe and effective. What that means is anyone who received a Moderna vaccine for their first dose and meets the present eligibility criteria for their second dose can receive Pfizer vaccine for their second dose. Learn more about interchanging vaccines from the Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/summary-interchangeability-authorized-covid-19-vaccines-en.pdf.
Individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine will be eligible to book their second dose appointment at an interval of eight weeks or more with informed consent. Learn more: http://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000329/ontario-accelerates-second-doses-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine
Anticipated Schedule for Second Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines: https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000220/anticipated-schedule-for-second-doses-of-covid-19-vaccines
For schedule of clinics: COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics in Timiskaming
For information on booking, please see: How to Book an Appointment
Please use the online system: covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/
Need help getting to a clinic? Visit our Timiskaming Connections page for more information.
- Total doses administered: 28,732
(Updated on June 17, 2021)
COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet
How Vaccines Are Developed
COVID-19 Vaccine Series Second Dose Eligibility Quick Reference
Read more information about interchanging vaccines from the Public Health Agency of Canada here: INTERCHANGEABILITY OF AUTHORIZED COVID-19 VACCINES
COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Individuals who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine
Two resources from Waterloo region to help patients who received a first dose of AZ make an informed decision on which vaccine to receive for their second dose:
Video: Acting Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Glenn Corneil answers youth questions about COVID-19 vaccines
Videos: All youth questions answered
Government of Ontario resources: